Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Minimalist - Things to Prepare Before the Turkey Goes in the Oven - NYTimes.com

The Minimalist - Things to Prepare Before the Turkey Goes in the Oven - NYTimes.com

Minimalist prep..minimalist cooking..minimalist fuss..just the way I like it..but if I want complex brain melt down recipes..which I do occassionally..for the challenge and pleasure of transcending the usual child friendly recipes..I'll slip into a comfy armchair surrounded by my library of cookery books and seek out a challenge.

I was amazed last night watching Eamon Sullivan from Celebrity Masterchef produce a stunning desert from the amazing corners of his mind. No recipe ! Just a choice of core ingredients..being strawberries or chocolate. He chose chocolate ( my biggest sin) ! and created perfection. Well..I thought.. if a mere Olympic Champion (cough) can produce this level of competency (out of the water) why can't I ( cough) ?

I'll never be an Olympic swimmer..but I could be a great pastry chef ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment