Thursday, November 26, 2009

jolie laide - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

jolie laide - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: ": jo·lie laide

Pronunciation: \zhȯ-lē-led\
: good-looking ugly woman : woman who is attractive though not conventionally pretty"


I do love this term.  Some mornings I can oh so relate.  Can't understand women who say they enjoy age-ing.  I suppose it is benign acceptance of the inevitable.  Good on them.  I find I am not as forgiving..but am trying to accept.  Will begin by caring for myself more so than I have in the past.  Beginning with proper skin care and drinking plenty of water..  (the French woman's secret) ;)

Ever since taking three yoga/pilates style classes a week I have noticed joint flexibility beyond my wildest dreams.  I mean..I am never going to be able to wrap my leg around my neck..but being able to bend down and touch the ground is major achievement without bending ze kneez !

No comments:

Post a Comment